[fyeg_gen-l] About "Pledge Bank"

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 12:31:20 CET 2004

Dear Friends,

I am fwd below news about an upcoming online , free, and open source
service called "Pledge Bank", offered by www.mysociety.org  - My
Society is a grassroots mouvement initiated last year, and funded by
the UK Government. -

Lauch will be in February.

<<If you are involved in an organisation which could use this free
service to motivate people,
we'd love to hear from you.   Contact Tom Steinberg   pb at mysociety.org
www.mysociety.org  >>

More here:

----------

Hi Dante,
I promised some words on PledgeBank, and here they are. Please circulate!

--------

PledgeBank - could you use it?

PledgeBank is a site which will be up and running early next year. It
will allow anyone to say "I'll do X if other people pledge do it as
well". This could vary from:

"I'll write to my local politician if 5 other people on my street do"

"I'll start recycling if 10,000 other people in my country pledge to"

PledgeBank is going to launch in about February time, and mySociey is
looking for potential launch partners. If you are involved in an
organisation which could use this free service to motivate people, we'd
love to hear from you.

all the best,

Tom Steinberg

pb at mysociety.org