[fyeg_gen-l] Individual Supportership & egp list

markus councillortothewise at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 15 22:13:35 CET 2004

Hello All! important news about joining the European Green Party

I think that this is quite significant for us on FYEG as with a  slight
amendment we coudl offer young people the chance to become members of
the EGP (European Green Party) through us without having to join the
Green Party of the country they are in and more importantly when there
is not one.

Something I'd like to do and I know others who feel the same. Also this
still offfers the chance for a individual Party that does not like the
idea of the European Green Party to deny people in that country the
chance to join and thus influence the trends (we are seeing motions for
the Dublin Council meeting that will create a unified policy
organization for Foreign Policy within the Green in Europe and call for
true federalism.)

This denial of democracy  is what has happened to me when in the United
Kingdom. I have clearly asked lots of times both the Green Party of
England and Wales National Party office in London and also the Regional
people responsible in Wales How much it is? and What do I have to fill
in for the Suppportership stuff? I also asked the International
Co-ordinator - John Norris.

The only response I get is that my membership of the Green Party of
England and Wales expires whenever or that they do not know anything
about it being possible. This is after sending them details of the
Herleen Group. But what can you expect of a Party that is still debating
whether we should have the Euro in Europe or not? :-)

Anyway if you want us in FYEG to put any amendments to this document (or
any of the other Resolutions) please let the political group know: they
are simo at fyeg.org, ernest at fyeg.org and stefanie at fyeg.org (though she is
a little busy at the moment).

Markus Citoyen du Monde -

PS There are 2 new important mailing lists you might be interested in:

Two lists In English have just been created.

To discuss about the European Constitution, go there or send a message:
http://www.lesverts.fr/wws/info/eurogreens-tce

To discuss about the European Green Party, go there or send a message:
http://www.lesverts.fr/wws/info/eurogreens-egp

Non-Europeans are gladly accepted. There will indeed be many topics that
could be relevant on the global scale.

However, only persons registering with their name and not the name of an
organization will be accepted.