[fyeg_gen-l] Organic food campaign: call for campaign team members

Joke Van de Putte jokevdputte at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 14:11:51 CET 2004

Hello!

As you already know, there have been some changes in the Executive Commitee
which makes me the new Campaign Coordinator.

I think most of you already know me, but I will write a short presentation
of myself for those who don't know me yet.

I am Joke Van de Putte, live in Belgium and am 23 years old.  I studied for
an interpreter, languages French and German.  My mother tongue is Dutch and
I also speak some English.  At the moment, I am studying philosophy.

I became member of Jong Groen, an MO of Fyeg, in January 1999.  My first
Fyeg activity was the picnic in Paris in May 1999.  Other Fyeg activities I
participated in are: seminar on EU in Strasbourg, exchange in Sumava,
summercamp in Jahorina, study session on migration in Budapest, GA in
Oxford, summercamp in Ohrid.  I was also involved in the Fyeg migration
campaign of last year.

You can find some pictures of me on my website: www.jokevandeputte.tk

About the Organic Food Campaign:

This year, Fyeg decided to have a campaign on organic food.  We consider
this topic as a very important one, because since the European Union allowed
genetically modified corn, the gates seem to be open for GMO's (genatically
modified organisms) all over Europe.  This can cause problems to farmers in
Eastern Europe, and also endangers the variety of species in Europe.
Although products that contain GMO have to be labeled, most of the consumers
are not aware of what risks the use of GMO food contains.  With this
campaign, Fyeg wants to raise awareness of young people on what they eat and
consume and to discuss what organic farming is and what its opportunities
and limits are.

As a part of this campaign, there will be a contact making seminar in May.
At this contact making seminar, the campaign and the implementation of it in
the MO's will be discussed.  However, a Campaign Team has to start preparing
the campaign earlier.  We will do this mainly on the internet, sometimes by
phone conferences, and if funds allow us to, we will also have Campaign Team
meetings.  If you are interested in becoming a member of the Campaign Team,
please contact me at jokevdputte at hotmail.com

If you have other questions, feel free to contact me as well!

Bye

Joke

www.groen.be
www.jokevandeputte.tk