[fyeg_gen-l] Reminder: FYEG IRP debate

FYEG FYEG at europarl.eu.int
Mon Nov 8 12:05:14 CET 2004

Dear MO
Please forward to interested people in your organisation.

Hi All

At our last General Assembly FYEG approved new statutes according to the new Belgian Law.
We took a minimalist approach to our statutes: only the bare legal minimum is in and the rest will be in the 'Internal Rules of Procedure'
The GA also took the decision to a have a working group, chaired by the Office Co-ordinator, to prepare these IRP's and present them to the GA.

On our last EC-meeting the executive committee agreed upon the following procedure: (see below)

For this Working Group I am looking for young people who are interested in how organisations work. How do you structure an organisation so that it can best reach its goals? What rules are needed so that people can work with each other? Is FYEG open and transparent enough? And if not how to make sure it is?

These IRP's will have things in there as:
- working and 'power' of the EC
- MO's: one per country or as many as possible? Can turkey join? Can non-European countries join? How are we going to deal with indivual membership?
- what financial procedures are there?
- and many more things.
- how is the political discussion organised, who has the mandate to say what?

Interested? please contact the office

greetings
Maarten

Maarten Coertjens
Office Coordinator and Administrator
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG)
European Parliament
ASP 8G138
Rue Wiertz
B-1047 Brussels, Belgium