[fyeg_gen-l] Opportunity for young greens!

mihail at riseup.net mihail at riseup.net
Wed Nov 3 11:20:52 CET 2004

Eh! Volvo, environment. Am I missing something?

> Description
> Volvo Adventure supports environmental education and was set up to
recognise and reward practical environmental action being taken by young
people in their local community. It is open to young people around the
world aged between 10 and 16 years, working with schools and youth and
community groups. This third annual award is supported by the United
Nations Environment Programme. If you enter an environmental project to
Volvo Adventure your group can:

> * Win an all expenses paid trip to attend the Volvo Adventure Conference
in Sweden,
> * Present your environmental project and practical action to a jury of
international experts,
> * Win an Award of up to $10,000 to fund your environmental project, *
Show your project to the world by publishing it on this website, *
Contribute to a handbook of practical environmental action for use by
your peers.

> If you can answer yes to these questions you can enter the Award: * Have
you started, or are you about to start an environmental project in your
school or community?
> * Does your environmental action team have between 2 and 5 young people
aged between 10 and 16 years old?
> * Is your team writing and implementing a practical action plan that
will improve your school or community environment?
> * Is there at least one adult who can act as a referee for your group?
>
> You need to be registered to enter the Award. Once your group is
registered you will then have access to the Resources section of the
website, where you can find help on getting started with your
> environmental project, submit your project to Volvo Adventure so it can
be judged, and browse the project gallery. To register, visit the
project Web site (listed below)