[fyeg_gen-l] Opportunity for young greens!
sadean_cristi at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 19:49:47 CET 2004
Volvo Adventure supports environmental education and was set up to recognise and reward practical environmental action being taken by young people in their local community. It is open to young people around the world aged between 10 and 16 years, working with schools and youth and community groups. This third annual award is supported by the United Nations Environment Programme. If you enter an environmental project to Volvo Adventure your group can:
* Win an all expenses paid trip to attend the Volvo Adventure Conference in Sweden,
* Present your environmental project and practical action to a jury of international experts,
* Win an Award of up to $10,000 to fund your environmental project,
* Show your project to the world by publishing it on this website,
* Contribute to a handbook of practical environmental action for use by your peers.
If you can answer yes to these questions you can enter the Award:
* Have you started, or are you about to start an environmental project in your school or community?
* Does your environmental action team have between 2 and 5 young people aged between 10 and 16 years old?
* Is your team writing and implementing a practical action plan that will improve your school or community environment?
* Is there at least one adult who can act as a referee for your group?
You need to be registered to enter the Award. Once your group is registered you will then have access to the Resources section of the website, where you can find help on getting started with your environmental project, submit your project to Volvo Adventure so it can be judged, and browse the project gallery. To register, visit the project Web site (listed below)
Name: Kikki Hugestrand, Volvo Event Management
January 31, 2005
Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com/a
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fyeg_gen-l