[fyeg_gen-l] Grassroots Women's International Academy, 7-17 September 2004, Barcelona, Spain

Natalie Debono ndebono at ba-malta.org
Mon Jul 26 09:43:25 CEST 2004

Please respond to the email address given below, and see their website for more details!

INVITATION FOR APPLICATION

Young Journalists Fellowship to the Grassroots Women's International Academy and the World Urban Forum; 7-17 September 2004; Barcelona, Spain

Huairou Commission
huairougwia at earthlink.net

Greetings from the Huairou Commission!

We are pleased to announce that we are pioneering an initiative to offer 10 Fellowship for Young Journalists as part of our Strategy in building partnership with the media in a concerted effort to strengthen and support our work, and make grassroots women's contribution to development process more visible.

The Huairou Commission in partnership with Cordaid, Netherlands are happy to announce that they will sponsor a 12 day Fellowship Program for Young Journalists to report on Grassroots Women's International Academy (GWIA) and the World Urban Forum (WUF) in Barcelona, Spain. For detail information on the Fellowship, please visit our website at www.huairou.org. Closing date for the application is 30 July 2004. Please write to us if you want us to send the electronic format of the application package directly to you (a big file, hence we are not circulating them with this list).

This Fellowship will have young reporters participate in a day and a half of classroom discussion, attend both the GWIA and WUF and, in stories following, will be expected to report not only on specific grassroots solutions but also to show how important grassroots governance processes are to the long term social, political and economic development of their communities.

The Young Journalists Fellowship Program, will fund at least 10 young journalists from Asia Pacific, Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe and the Netherlands to participate and follow both GWIA and WUF to enable them to interact and learn of grounded applications of grassroots women's practices that have proven to contribute towards sustainable human development and social change.

We would be grateful if you could circulate this information to others who would be interested to apply for this Fellowship.

For more information, please contact:

Jan Peterson
Chair - Huairou Commission
249 Manhattan Ave
Brooklyn, NY 1121, U.S.A.
Tel: +1-718-388-8915; Fax: +1-718-388-0825
Email: huairoucom at yahoo.com  & huairougwia at earthlink.net
Website: www.huairou.org