[fyeg_gen-l] WTO hands off our food!

Natalie Debono ndebono at ba-malta.org
Thu Feb 26 13:55:24 CET 2004

Dear MARE friends,
I forward a call of the bite-back campaign, which you all probably know so far.
Anyway is a good starting point as regards GMOs and the role of WTO, for those assessing the issue for the first time.

We as Mediterraneans share a rich diversity as regards gastronomy, traditional small scale farming and local food products that we should promote as an alternative to genetically modified food and mass farming.
Cheers
Michalis from MEDSOS

> > BITE BACK: WTO HANDS OFF OUR FOOD!
> > Sign the Citizens' Objection to the WTO!
> > http://www.bite-back.org

> > George Bush is using the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to force-feed
you genetically modified food! You can help stop them: BITE BACK!

> > Biotech companies have invested billions into genetically modified foods
> that nobody needs and nobody wants. Such products (known as GMOs) take
away consumer choice, make farmers dependent on big business and undermine food