[fyeg_gen-l] Women Power at the EuroGames in Munich

Natalie Debono ndebono at ba-malta.org
Wed Feb 25 11:21:32 CET 2004

!!!!!!! Press Release 24th February 2004!!!!!!!
Lesbian Sports Enthusiasts Come Out

Women Power at the EuroGames - 29.7 - 1.8.04 in Munich

50 percent female participants - half the EuroGames for women! That's the
aim of the organisers of the EuroGames in Munich. Women should feel good at
the IX EuroGames. Preparations for both the Cultural Program
(Kulturprogramm), which starts one week earlier, and for the 27 sports
events, are well under way. One of the biggest lesbian/gay sport events in
Europe is looking forward to large numbers of lesbian sports enthusiasts'
registrations.

There are no pre-requisites for participants. From the girl that jogs in her
leisure time up to the trained football team, lesbians, transgender and
heterosexual women will find their place in different levels. We welcome
especially differently abled women. Partners and friends can enjoy
themselves concurrently at the exhibitions, cabarets, concerts and parties,
which are part of the extensive Cultural Program. Stars and "scene- stars"
such as Marla Glen, Georgette Dee and the Croonettes, are being lobbied to
appear at the Opening Ceremony, which will be held in the Munich Olympic
Hall. Participants from Eastern European and some other countries can apply
for a scholarship, which means they don't have to pay the registration fee
and get several services and entrances for free. (Outreach program)

To Be There Is Everything

The EuroGames Sport Spectacular is not as yet well known in women's and
lesbian communities...

+++++++++++++++++
Dear lesbian and gay community

A copy of the complete press release is included as an attachment. If you
have the opportunity to include it in your publications or on the internet,
feel free to do so. We thank you for this. Dear gays, please give it to
lesbians you know in your country. We don't have so many female adresses to
send it to. Thank you.

Relevant printed material such as photos, information flyers and posters can
be sent on request. Detailed information about the EuroGames and our Logo,
which may be downloaded, can be found on our website www.eurogames.info/2004
<http://www.eurogames.info/2004>

We also would like to receive additional womens/lesbian information and
addresses, especially from countries outside of Europe and visitors from
these countries are specially invited to the EuroGames.

Women-Power-Greetings

Elke Amberg

eurogames - press - women
elke amberg