[fyeg_gen-l] FYEG General Assembly: Call for Delegates!

FYEG FYEG at europarl.eu.int
Mon Feb 2 19:59:17 CET 2004

Brussels, 01 February 2004

To: All Member Organisations, Observers, Applicant Organisations and Guests

Dear ,

After much hardship trying to fundraise, we are proud to announce the FYEG GA 2004! It will take place from 10th - 15th of March 2004 in Oxford, England.

Due to financial constraints we had to apply for an Action 5 - Seminar. The European Commission granted us the money but as normal there are some consequences. This GA will be an official UK-Young Greens Seminar: 'Human Rights from East to West- a dialogue' with a GA in the evenings.
This means that participants should arrive on the 10th and only leave the 15th. No exception can be made on this!

Of course we need details of participants as soon as possible to get visa, hotel, etc.  Therefore please adhere to the following timeline:

* MO that has't sent in a partnership agreement: one delegate fully reimbursed. Appoint two delegates and we will let you know as soon as possible whether the second will be reimbursed or not.
* Applicant Organisations: One delegate will be fully reimbursed. Others can apply as guests
* Guest: FYEG allows guests to the GA. They can apply for reimbursement. The EC will take the decision whether there is budgetary space for this. Application should be in before February 13th. Decision will be taken before 23th of February.

Before 8th of February:
Organise a board meeting or Council Meeting to appoint the Official delegates.
Make sure you have a written statement from the president of your organisation to prove that you are the official delegate(s)!

Before 13th of February
* Check whether you need a visa for the UK. If you do, send all the necessary information to the FYEG Office BEFORE 13th of February.
If you don't send in the information in time, your MO might have no delegates at all!

* Book your trip. This will not only save us a lot of money but also make sure we can work out a balanced budget in time.

* Fill in the registration-form that is in the Info-Brochure! (This brochure will be mailed this week)

Failing to comply to the deadline might mean that sadly your MO will have no delegates on the GA!

In February: check your email often

Best regards,

Maarten

(*) list of Partner Organisations:
Grünalternative Jugend Wien (Austria) , Jong Groen! (Belgium), Gröne Jugend (Denmark),  Vino (Finland), Chiche! (France), Grüne Jugend (Germany), Oige Ghlas (Ireland), DWARS (the Netherlands), Ecolo Jovem (Portugal), Joves d'Escquerra Verda (Spain), Grön Ungdom (Sweden), Young Greens (UK), Yuth Club of the Green Party (Bulgaria), Mladi Zeleni (Czech Republic), ZöFi (Hungary), ADZ (Malta), Mladi Slovenije (Slovenia).

Maarten Coertjens
Office Coordinator and Administrator
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG)
European Parliament
ASP 8G138
Rue Wiertz
B-1047 Brussels, Belgium