Re: [fyeg_gen-l] The Greens of Serbia on Assassination of Prime Minister ofSerbia Zoran Djindjic

Michal Nekvasil M.Nekvasil at seznam.cz
Wed Mar 12 21:32:29 CET 2003

I am really sorry for what happened.

I wish only the best for all of you, nice Serbian guys!

Michal Nekvasil
Czech Young Greens

Dne 12. březen 2003, <gen-l at fyeg.org> napsal:

Please forward to all of the Greens in Europe; Green Parties, Green
group and Media. Thank you.

THE GREENS OF SERBIA
PRESS RELEASE
Topola, 12th of .March 03

ASSASSINATION OF PRIME MINISTER OF SERBIA ZORAN DJINDJIC IS STRONG
ATTACK TO FRAGILE DEMOCRACY IN SERBIA

Tragedy that took place today in front of Serbian Parliament in
Belgrade is not just assassination on Serbian prime Minister Zoran
Djindjic but attack to fragile democracy in Serbia and all of us that
are fighting for freedom and democracy and hope for better life of
people in Serbia and Montenegro and the whole Balkans.

This is tough hit to Serbian people straggling against Balkan type of
Fascism, terrorism and organised crime as well as to all of positive
changes in Serbia and Montenegro that took place in past three years.

THE GREENS of SERBIA believes that this is crucial moment for
consensus between all democratic people and parties in fight with
Political Mafia, strongest enemy of democratic changes in Union of
Serbia and Montenegro. In this hard moment for Serbia all of us
should support and help democratic changes in our country.

Citizen of Serbia has to make an important choice and answer a simple
question: Do we want to continue living in fear, as a hostage of
terror under masks or should we once and for all make Serbia safe and
peaceful for life of all of the citizen and future generations.

THE GREENS of SERBIA stress that political moment is much harder then
it might seem to be. Safety of everyone is Serbia is now endangered
so we must unite our support in order not to loose everything gained
after October revolution in 2000.

Today they shot dead Zoran Djindjic. If, this time for real, we do
not do great effort to protect our safety and democratic processes,
who is going to be next target of assassins?

THE GREENS OF SERBIA calls parties in DOS, mister Kostunica as well
as all opposition in Serbia to put aside constant struggle between
each other and go together into the future that is now poorer for one
great man killed by mean, cowardly bullet of assassins.

THE GREENS OF SERBIA express deepest condolences to the family of Mr
Djindjic, Government of Serbia and Serbian people.

Today we share pain and we are trying to remain strong in our support
to Democratic Serbia, one that desist Serbian prime minister Zoran
Djindjic believed in and gave his life for.

Borisa Antonijevic
Spokesperson of THE GREENS of Serbia

Aleksandar Jovanovic
International Secretary of THE GREENS of Serbia

Tel/fax: + 381 34 812 724
E-mail: zeps at eunet.yu
Web site: www.zeleni.org.yu

Aleksandar Jovanovic
Office Coordinator and Administrator
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG)
European Parliament
ASP 8G138
Rue Wiertz
B-1047 Brussels, Belgium