[fyeg_gen-l] Funky Dragon - & Legislative Change

enquiries at younggreens.org.uk enquiries at younggreens.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 16:10:56 CET 2003

I see that  for Spring Conference in Llandrindod, Wales we are doing
"Young Greens 2003 and beyond – developing Young Greens
activity/networks"

With this in mind I recommend that we incorporate the Welsh version
of what is undoubtedly being set up through the World which is
elected Children (under 18s in UK) and Young People's (under 25 in
UK) Parliaments. At the moment the Welsh one is called Funky
Dragon (due to complicated politics and copyright issues) and is
almost a Young People Assembly (Assembly being some techincal
term so it isn't strictly an Assembly).

I have just read the "Breathing Fire into Participation - the funky
dragon guide good practice guidelines on supporting children and
young people to participate." which is recommended.

Martin Koehring can you look at the websites below and find out details so
we can formulate a strategy how to participate with these gatherings and
most specifically how we can try and get Young Green participation with the
organization (probably through the local Youth Forum or other special
groupsings like Homeless, Lesbian-Gay Young People Groups or Refugee
Children groups.

www.funkydragon.org.uk

and
www.youngswansea.net
www.shoutforyouth.net
www.11-25.net	(NB they may not all be .net domains)

To the rest of you in Europe - you may be at variopus stages in this process
which has come about from the UN Declaration on the Rights of the Child
and thence European, National and Regional legislation and best practice.
it would be good to know some of your experiences, suggestions etc.

For example one of those involved in Funky Dragon has suggested that
there should be no voting age (after all look at the age of criminal
responsibility in your country - if you can be expected in law to decide what
is morally right why can't you decide who is morally right to represent you??)

Think about it no voting age.

Pax

Marcus Petz

Young Greens

http://www.younggreens.org.uk/

Young Greens  is for all members (or prospective members) of the  Green
Party who are students or 26 and under. For more information contact Sally
on 0773 321 3797 or chair at younggreens.org.uk
                To join the Green Party, click here!