[fyeg_gen-l] Peace Groups: Request for Letters of Dissent

Natalie Debono ndebono at ba-malta.org
Thu Jun 12 16:08:07 CEST 2003

Hello Fellow Activists:

I am a peace activist with Broward Antiwar Coalition - Fort Lauderdale,
Florida , a licensed mental health counselor and former English teacher. I
am joined by fellow peace activist Chas Reskin, who also has special
expertise and professional experience in writing. We're compiling letters of
dissent for a book to be published for profit, with a percentage of the
proceeds to be donated to progressive causes.

We are requesting letters written to newspapers, government officials etc.,
against the War on Iraq, the Patriot Acts, and all other matters of dire
concern with this Administration. So many truly patriotic Americans have
poured out their hearts in wonderful letters, which I would love to see
shared with the public, especially to help raise awareness during this very
critical pre-election period. I know there's been a book of poems against
the war published, but I know of no book of letters. We're also interested
in copies of speeches or essays, however, no poetry, please. Both published
and unpublished work from children and teens, as well as adults and seniors
is wanted.

If you would like to have your work considered for publication, please
submit as follows: Cut and paste into an email no more than 2 submissions,
of no more than approximately 500 words in length, and send to me at
SpikeLMHC at AOL.com. by June 15, 2003. You may also fax them to me at (954)
349-3495. For those who prefer to use snail mail, please send to my
attention @ PO Box 268164, Weston, FL 33326. If your letter is selected, you
will be asked to give your written permission for publication, after any
possible editing. Please include your full name, contact information,
hometown, age, and occupation.

I'll look forward to receiving your submissions and comments.

Thank you,
M. Estelle Spike, MA, MS, LMHC

PS Please feel free to forward this request to any other parties.