[fyeg_gen-l] European Green Party: Donde Discussion ?

ecomail at tin.it ecomail at tin.it
Tue Jan 28 23:29:35 CET 2003

Dear friends, hallo to everybody!
I think that building an European Green Party is the only way that we have
for influencing the european and global policy. After the birth in Seattle
in 1999 of a new global movement against neoliberal globalisation, politics
is more and more global. I think that we must understand that now we are
all involved (greens, young greens, not greens) in a big battle for saving
our planet. As green actors in this battle we can have, obviously, some
different points of view because we have, inside us, local specificities,
different conceptions of being green, but we are all involved in the same
direction. So, why not have a real european coordination and a common strategy?
This can give us the possibility of acting on some topics in the same period
and even in the same day (like the demonstrations against war the 15 february
for example) in all European countries and regions, to organise international
meetings with thousends of people and not only some delegates. For example,
in Paris in 1999 was very nice to meet so much young greens from all Europe
in the "Pic-Nic de l'Europe", the first European Young Greens great meeting
(I was not in Berlin last year)! The "old" greens in their history has not
organised an event like this! This is in my opinion an historical retard.
So, I'm totally in favour to this proposal of creating a real European Green
Party. If the young greens will be directly involved in this process this
will be very important for the future of greens.
The most important thing is that this process of coordination and "unification"
will involve in the discussions and decisions all the greens around Europe
and not only some members of Parliaments or national leaders.

Best wishes

Alessandro De Marinis
Milan
Italian greens

(in Italy since 1990 we have only one green party)