[fyeg_gen-l] European Green Party: Discussion ?

FYEG FYEG at europarl.eu.int
Tue Jan 28 14:15:38 CET 2003

Dear friends,

FYEG is following the  debate between political parties in Europe on crafting European political party. I am very pleased to hear that we are starting to debate this important issue here. FYEG is a federation and the future will be determined by you, members of FYEG.

Therefore, all of debate is welcome in order to come to some conclusions that will support our wish for FYEG to continue being place where though and ideas of all Young Greens in Europe are gathered.

At present FYEG is preparing project proposal for Spring Exchange that should take place at end of May in Sweden titled: "Enlarged EU: Visions for multi cultural Europe". At this occasion we will be given a chance to express our view and find common ground for future development of our continent and european greens as well.

More information will follow but if you want to take part in this event as partner organisation, please fill in form that is attached to this message. There is limited number of partners so prompt respond will be useful. Being partner means to participate in preparation of this event and even if you are not official partner you are entitled to participate.

Any question can be addressed to: fyeg at europarl.eu.int
You should fax partnership form to: + 32 2 284 24 40

With kind regards,

Aleksandar Jovanovic
Office Coordinator and Administrator
Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG)
European Parliament
ASP 8G138
Rue Wiertz
B-1047 Brussels, Belgium
tel:+32 2 284 24 40
fax:+32 2 284 92 73
mob: + 32 4 86 96 17 18
e mail: fyeg at europarl.eu.int
web: www.fyeg.org

>>> enquiries at younggreens.org.uk 01/28/03 01:21 >>>
Yes a discussion woud be good.
I would favour being a Young Green Federation rather than a full European
Young Green Party at the moment.

I think that we are too little known to each other to say that we have enough
in common to form a Party yet..

For example there are 2 Italian Green Parties, Espanya is only just
beginning to form into a National Party (and the Basques are they part of
this?), the British Isles is split between several parties, much of Southern
Europe only has incipient Green Parties and Eastern Europe and Turkey -
many of them only a few activists at the moment without a clear
understanding of what a Green Party for them means. France also has a
few divisions.

We need a common forum for us all to be Greens in but a few of us turning
it into a Party may well push people away rather than draw them together. If
we organically grow together so be it, but a the moment there are just
separate groves not a Green Forest.

Yours the forrester

Marcus Petz

PS I'd love to see this debated after the main European Party has been
going for about a year.

On 28 Jan 2003 at 9:49, Luke Haywood wrote:

> Moin Sacha & Dear All,
>
> whatever happened to the separate discussion lists we had
> sought to establish in Gent? It would be good to have a
> proper discussion on the EFGP and our relation to it...
>
> especially as it seems that the green parties' proposals
> for structure of new EGP don't seem very advanced yet
> (or am I wrong?)
>
> have a lovely day, luke.
>

> In message <5.1.0.14.0.20030128102540.027f6eb0 at mail.abba-ohg.de> gen-l at fyeg.org writes:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > the European Federation of Green Parties is planning to found the "European
> > Green Party" from February 20 to 22, 2004 in Roma on their congress.
> >
> > Simultaneously the European Green campaign for elections in June 2004 shall
> > start.
> >
> > I believe we should discuss this on General Assembly in Helsinki in autumn.
> > Now we really have make clear what FYEG should be in connection to this new
> > European Party.
> >
> > Sascha

Young Greens

http://www.younggreens.org.uk/

Young Greens  is for all members (or prospective members) of the  Green
Party who are students or 26 and under. For more information contact Sally
on 0773 321 3797 or chair at younggreens.org.uk
                To join the Green Party, click here!