[fyeg_gen-l] European Green Party: Donde Discussion ?

enquiries at younggreens.org.uk enquiries at younggreens.org.uk
Tue Jan 28 13:21:03 CET 2003

Yes a discussion woud be good.
I would favour being a Young Green Federation rather than a full European
Young Green Party at the moment.

I think that we are too little known to each other to say that we have enough
in common to form a Party yet..

For example there are 2 Italian Green Parties, Espanya is only just
beginning to form into a National Party (and the Basques are they part of
this?), the British Isles is split between several parties, much of Southern
Europe only has incipient Green Parties and Eastern Europe and Turkey -
many of them only a few activists at the moment without a clear
understanding of what a Green Party for them means. France also has a
few divisions.

We need a common forum for us all to be Greens in but a few of us turning
it into a Party may well push people away rather than draw them together. If
we organically grow together so be it, but a the moment there are just
separate groves not a Green Forest.

Yours the forrester

Marcus Petz

PS I'd love to see this debated after the main European Party has been
going for about a year.