[fyeg_gen-l] The Heart Still Beats

enquiries at younggreens.org.uk enquiries at younggreens.org.uk
Sat Jan 25 11:45:54 CET 2003

You are right I aught to be letting you know what is happening.
I have been busy trying to get out the latest copy of Plaid Werdd - Green
Wales (the Wales Green Party magazine).  I have also been spending
some time at Llangollen (which is a charming Welsh town with CAMRA pub
- the Sun Inn, ruined castle with view of industrial heritage and best of all a
Dr. Who Museum) with my 15th Century re-enactment Group -
Buckingham's Retinue at our annual feast.

As for Green stuff:

Northern Ireland

The Green Party of Northern Ireland invites interested activists,
lobbyists/political advisors and potential members to The "Annual Green
Gathering" of the Northern Ireland Greens at Queens University on
Wednesday February 5 at 7:00 pm in Room 2.10 of the Peter Froggatt
Centre, Queen's University, Belfast.(Come into Queen's at the main
entrance and ask at the door for the Peter Froggart Centre.)

The meeting will be addressed by a number of representatives of the
Green Party in the Republic of Ireland.

Agenda:

1) Explaining the electoral success of the Greens in the Republic of
Ireland
2) Political priorities for the Green Party of Northern Ireland
3) The Assembly Elections

Please pass the word to all who might be interested,
Peter Emerson,Director, The de Borda Institute, 36 Ballysillan Road, Belfast
BT14 7QQ, N Ireland Tel +44 (0)28 9071 1795 pemerson at deborda.org
www.deborda.org

Scotland

Has appointed a new Young Green co-ordinator (hopefully there will be a
chair there soon). He is
simon byrom
2 spring gardens
edinburgh eh8 8hx
scotland	email: roamingrickshaws at hotmail.com, though
scotland at younggreens.org.uk may well reach him too.

Turkey

Filiz Bozkurt in Istanbul is in the process of forming a Green Organization
(as far as we know there is no extant Green Party nor Young Greens in
Turkey). Please email her with any contacts, advice and support at
<filiz_bozkurt at hotmail.com>.Or just to say Hi.

I have been networking to support all of these as well as the usual emails.
I hope everyone is well and getting 2003 off to a good start.

Marcus Petz