[fyeg_gen-l] Concerning a strange letter

jelle.janssens1 at pandora.be jelle.janssens1 at pandora.be
Sat Feb 1 10:33:09 CET 2003

Dear friends,

Mails like this one come quite easily in one's mailbox. This is absolutely a hoax and, even more, a pretty dangerous one too. How does it work?
By e-mail, someone who claims to be an important member of the public service (usually from Nigeria) offers to transfer money from one account to another, throught your bankaccount. They promise you can keep a part of the money (even quite a lot). Before you get to business however, you need to pay them all sorts of registration fees and the like.
Of course, this is one big fraude. Some people tried it out though, and eventually took a plane to Nigeria (or here, Congo). Some people lost their lives far from home... .

Sincerely,

Jelle Janssens
Jong Agalev