[fyeg_gen-l] 20-28 March 2004 European-wide Action Week Against Racism

Natalie Debono ndebono at ba-malta.org
Thu Dec 18 11:42:17 CET 2003

Dear member organisations and friends

As you might know, the migration campaign of the Federation of European
Greens (FYEG) is in full swing.  I would like to thank the prep-team and
participants of the Budapest study-seminar for the wonderful experience in
which we gained a lot of information and gave us the needed enthusiasm to
push the campaign forward.

Watch out for the suit-case as it will start its travels soon!!
(www.destinationeurope.org).

ADZ - Green Youth Malta are working on a local migration campaign.  Well
done people and keep it up!

Are there any other member organisations that are working on migration
issues in their countries?  Let us know!  It would be great if we can
exchange ideas.

20-28 March 2004 European-wide Action Week Against Racism - be part of it.
Check underneath for details.

Yours,
Natalie Debono
FYEG Communications
natalie at fyeg.org

UNITED E-NEWS 18/12/03

RACISM: SPOT IT AND STOP IT!
20-28 March 2004 European-wide Action Week Against Racism

JOIN! - the campaign
ORDER! - posters for free!
INFORM! - us about your activity
***(See reaction/order form below)***

21 March was declared International Day for the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination by the General Assembly of the United Nations as a
reaction to the murder of 70 peaceful demonstrators in Sharpeville,
South Africa in 1960. In the Action Week from 20-28 March 2004 once
again hundreds of activities will take place all around Europe,
organised by a wide variety of organisations. Activities range from
demonstration and debates to film festivals and from special TV
programs to cleaning the walls of racist slogans.

RACISM: SPOT IT AND STOP IT!
This year's campaign for the European-wide Action Week Against Racism
aims to raise awareness among people towards racism in everyday-life.
In addition, anti-racist education is necessary to empower people to
resist racist propaganda. The campaign aims to make racism visible in
order to erase it. This includes our own prejudice towards others.
Let's not look away when racism occurs, let's not tolerate
intolerance, let's Spot racism!

UNITED co-ordinates the activities, functions as an information point
and distributes campaign material. Please send information on your
activities. A regularly updated list of activities will be published
on
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org and in the Calendar of Internationalism.

You can order up to 100 posters for free! (see order form below) If
you need more for special purposes contact the UNITED secretariat.
Further information on this years campaign can be found  on
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org  (under 'campaigns' or 'new')

E-MAIL REACTION/ORDER FORM
RETURN! -  this form to info at unitedagainstracism.org

YOUR ACTIVITY DURING THE ACTION-WEEK 20-28 MARCH 2004

YES, our organisation wants to join the European-wide Action Week
Against Racism
'RACISM: SPOT IT AND STOP IT!

OUR ACTIVITY IS:
type of activity:
date:
place:
title:
theme:
organiser:
contact address:
phone:
fax:
email:
website:

Your activity will be mentioned on the European-wide list of
activities of the 21of March campaign, which is regularly updated on
http://www.unitedagainstracism.org

ORDER FORM FOR CAMPAIGN MATERIAL  FOR THE ACTION-WEEK

UNITED can send up to 2 kilos campaign material free of charge,
please calculate how many copies you want. For more than 2 kilos we
ask a contribution towards the mailing costs but if you need more
material for special purposes please contact us. (For images of the
posters see the UNITED site)

POSTERS (16 gram /copy)
Quantity

.......... (max. 100) NEW POSTER for 2004: 'RACISM: Spot it and Stop it!'

.......... (max. 100) 'See the Person, Not the Colour'

.......... (max. 25) 'UNITED Against Racism"

REPORT (25 gram/copy)
Quantity

  ......... (max. 2) Campaign report on the European-wide Action Week 2003

YOUR ADDRESS DETAILS

Name organisation:
Contact person:
Address:
Postal Code:
Place:
Country:
Phone:
Fax:
Email:
Website:

RETURN! -  this form to:
--
UNITED for Intercultural Action
European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support