[FoME] Einladung zum WPFD-Event in NYC am 3. Mai

Dr. Laura Moore laura.moore at dw.com
Do Apr 27 12:23:42 CEST 2023

Liebe FoME-Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

für alle, die in der kommenden Woche zum Anlass des World Press Freedom Day in New York sein werden: Wir möchten Euch und Sie gerne einladen, mit uns über die Zukunft und Rettung des unabhängigen Journalismus zu diskutieren. Am 03. Mai von 3:30-5:30 p.m. in New York:

“Radical Approaches to Saving Journalism: A Global Perspective” (see flyer attached)

The interactive WPFD side-event is organized by Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Deutsche Welle Akademie (DWA), BBC Media Action, Center for Media Assistance (CIMA), Global Forum for Media Development (GFMD), Samir Kassir Foundation, and the Association of Foreign Press Correspondents USA (AFPC-USA).

The event will be a participatory fishbowl session on radical approaches to saving journalism - stirred and peppered by a diverse group of experts from around the world. We will bring together journalists, media freedom advocates, academics, and think tank experts who care about action and change. We will listen to ideas and insights on the future of journalism with a particular focus on transitional and fragile countries. We will look at systemic solutions to the business model crisis and discuss what strategies are working to help journalism survive and thrive. The discussion will be followed by a reception with drinks and light snacks.

We would be delighted to see you at the event. Please RSVP if you would like to attend. Seating for this event is limited and will be allocated in order of registration:

Radical Approaches to Saving Journalism: A Global Perspective, Tickets, Wed, May 3, 2023 at 3:30 PM | Eventbrite <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/radical-approaches-to-saving-journalism-a-global-perspective-tickets-609833948757>

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn wir uns dort sehen.

Viele Grüße,

Laura

Dr. Laura Moore
Head of Research and Evaluation
Research and Evaluation | Policy and Learning

DW (Deutsche Welle) | Voltastr. 6 | 13355 Berlin | Germany
T +49.30.4646.8518<tel:+493046468518> | M +49.15201882083<tel:+4915201882083> | laura.moore at dw.com

[cid:0193b46f-11fb-4dee-a86b-db59eca9a5ca]<http://www.dw-akademie.com>