[FoME] introducing the Digital Security Lab

Christian Mihr | Reporter ohne Grenzen Christian.Mihr at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de
Mi Okt 26 07:59:01 CEST 2022

Dear all,

almost three months after the first anniversary of the Pegasus revelation I would like to draw your attention to a new service Reporters Without Borders (RSF) offers since three months which is not only made for (investigative) journalists but maybe especially interesting for (investigative) journalists all over the world. That's our Digital Security Lab.

What does the Digital Security Lab offer?
We want to support journalists in proving that their devices are infected with malware. To do that, we offer forensic analysis services, checking devices for traces of malware.

What can we unfortunately _not_ offer?
- We can't prove the absence of malware
- We can't offer urgent incident response and help with securing devices. For that we closely collaborate with other relevant organizations in the field.

If you feel endangered, clicked on any phishing links or see suspicious behaviour in you devices, contact directly our Digital Security Lab-project lead Viktor Schlüter and his team: lab at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de<mailto:lab at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de>

You can find more information here:
https://www.reporter-ohne-grenzen.de/en/assistance/digital-security-lab
https://rsf.org/en/rsf-launches-digital-security-lab

Best
Christian

---
Christian Mihr
Geschäftsführer / Executive Director
Reporter ohne Grenzen e. V. / Reporters Without Borders (RSF) Germany

e-mail: christian.mihr at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de<mailto:christian.mihr at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de>
PGP-Key: 0x10FB01F6
PGP Fingerprint: E178 EE8E DCA0 ECCD 4B9A 2972 0711 DAC1 10FB 01F6
proton: christian.mihr at protonmail.com<mailto:christian.mihr at protonmail.com>

Twitter: cmihr