[FoME] The war in different European perspectives / First issue of the new collaborative n-ost newsletter with photographical focus

european images europeanimages at n-ost.org
Do Mär 17 11:04:41 CET 2022

_EUROPEAN IMAGES_
n-ost launches a new monthly newsletter publication together with three
European partners

The first issue of the _EUROPEAN IMAGES_ newsletter will be published next
week and dissects the topic of war from different European positions:

Ukrainian photographer _OKSANA PARAFENIUK _looks into the pragmatically
anxious war preparation that takes place in small communities outside Kiev.
_EVGENY FELDMAN_, picture editor at Meduza, explains how images currently
determine our perception of war and how his Russian-language magazine
reacts to it. _KONSTANTY GEBERT,_ famous Polish war correspondent and
Jewish activist, reminds us that while the war’s brutality should not
surprise us, willful blindness represents our best hope for a world with
less war. We also publish three statements by PHOTOGRAPHERS FROM UKRAINE,
POLAND AND RUSSIA about what this war means to them and their work.

SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER HERE [1]

>From the photo project “Commemorative” of Belarusian photographer
Alexander Vasukovich: Callsign "Varg", was killed. Original photo was taken
on July 22, 2014 near Artemovsk, Donetsk region, Ukraine. (Part of the
first issue of _european images_)

The _EUROPEAN IMAGES_ newsletter is published once a month on a different
European topic, always with a focus on photographic perspectives and in
collaboration with four European editorial offices and a network of
documentary photographers from all over Europe.

 Subscribe here

The four editorial teams involved are:

KAJET, a printed and online magazine from Romania that focuses on social
and cultural issues from an increasingly convoluted Eastern Europe.
PISMO, a Polish monthly social and cultural magazine that, since 2018, has
focused primarily on discourses in Poland but also in Europe.
ATHENSLIVE, a Greek media platform that was founded in 2015 in response to
the refugee crisis and has since focused on English political societal
questions.
N-OST, a media NGO and collaborative publishing platform dedicated to
foreign reporting with a traditionally Eastern European focus.