[FoME] "Visual Anthropology, Media and Documentary Practices" | University of Münster

Christoph Dietz Christoph.Dietz at CAMECO.ORG
Di Mär 1 14:21:37 CET 2022

>>> "John, Thomas via Medianthro" <medianthro at lists.easaonline.org>
01.03.2022 13:52 >>>
Dear Colleagues, Friends and Institutes,

We would like to draw attention to our international Master and
Advanced Training Program in Visual Anthropology, Media and Documentary
Practices at the University of Münster in Germany.
We would appreciate if you might forward this call for the next intake
(2022) through the mailing lists of your departments, or spread the word
to people who might be interested in advanced training in Audio-Visual &
Media Anthropology and the Documentary Arts. (Find attached a brochure,
too.)

If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch with me or
Julia Blumberg, our student advice and support (find her contact
below).

best, Thomas

Thomas John | Doctoral Researcher
Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology
Freie Universität Berlin
& Associate Lecturer, Dept. of Social and
Cultural Anthropology WWU Münster
https://www.uni-muenster.de/Ethnologie/en/personal/lehrbeauftragte/thomasjohn.html
https://www.polsoz.fu-berlin.de/ethnologie/personen/doktorand_innen/john.html
- Co-speaker working group Visual Anthropology (DGSKA / German
Anthropological Association)
- recent publication (fall 2020):
https://journals.openedition.org/anthrovision/5821

Call for Applications

Master Program "Visual Anthropology, Media and Documentary Practices" |
University of Münster

In today’s globalized world, where media representations shape social
and political spheres, a critical understanding of media and (audio-)
visual culture is crucial. Media studies, rooted in social anthropology,
offers an in-depth approach to analyzing the complex connections between
media, culture and society. The Master Program "Visual Anthropology,
Media and Documentary Practices" trains students in theory and practice
in the areas of visual anthropology, the documentary arts
(film/photography/installation), the study of media culture and media
anthropology. The program offers all classes as blocks of courses and
participants need not to be based permanently in Münster or Germany for
that matter. Prof. Dr. Helene Basu is the director of the program.

Please find our  brochure as PDF (attach)  and links to our facebook
page
(www.facebook.com/master.anthropology<http://www.facebook.com/master.anthropology>)
as well as to our homepage
(www.wwu-weiterbildung.de/anthropology<http://www.wwu-weiterbildung.de/anthropology>).

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

_____________
Julia Blumberg
Student advice and support
WWU Weiterbildung gemeinnützige GmbH