[FoME] Wtrlt: 2022 Oxford Global Media Policy Summer Institute

Sofie Jannusch Sofie.Jannusch at CAMECO.ORG
Mo Feb 21 16:08:22 CET 2022

Dear colleagues
After a 2 year covid break we are thrilled that we will be holding the Oxford Media Policy Summer Institute again! This is a great opportunity to discuss issues around media and development. Please consider applying and please share it with others.
Thank you!
Nicole

-----

2022 Oxford Media Policy Summer Institute
Jesus College, Oxford 1-12 August 2022
http://pcmlp.socleg.ox.ac.uk/oxford-media-policy-summer-institute-2022/

We are delighted to announce that the Oxford Media Policy Summer Institute is currently accepting applications! After a two year break due to covid, we are looking forward to welcoming participants and speakers back in Oxford the first two weeks of August.  Join us to discuss contemporary issues of global media policy over breakfast, during seminars, and on long walks through the Oxford countryside!

The course for 2022 will focus on Technology and Policy During Times of Crisis.  We will examine key issues in media law and policy- topics include AI and online content moderation of extreme speech; internet shutdowns during elections and conflict; public diplomacy in a time of mis/disinformation; big data and humanitarian interventions; social media and migration; and innovation in the global south. With the participation of speakers from around the world, we will be exploring media policy in current events such as the escalating crisis in Ukraine, media development under the Taliban in Afghanistan, and online hate speech and conflict in Ethiopia.  We will also use our vantage point from the UK to discuss emerging issues in the EU and engage with local actors including Ofcom and the BBC.  As with institutes in the past, we will have speakers from across Oxford, as well as prominent guests from policy and government, and the private sector.

Apply Now
( http://pcmlp.socleg.ox.ac.uk/oxford-media-policy-summer-institute-2022/)

--

Nicole Stremlau
Head, Programme in Comparative Media Law and Policy

Research Professor in the Humanities
University of Johannesburg

https://www.law.ox.ac.uk/people/nicole-stremlau