[FoME] Invite #Globaldev Communicators Connect & Getting Ourselves Together

Joan Okitoi jokitoi at gmail.com
Mo Feb 8 11:23:11 CET 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,

We're well into the second month of 2021 and realizing how this year is so
much about recalibrating, accepting we cannot go back to 'normal',
adjusting the habits that are no longer serving us and choosing new ones to
chart better futures. Jennifer and I would like to invite you to two
upcoming events in the Healing Solidarity Collective.

1) Each month on the 2nd Wednesday, my friend Jennifer and I are
hosting #Globaldev
Communicators Connect
<https://collective.healingsolidarity.org/events/globaldev-communicators-connect?instance_index=20210214T150000Z>.
These are monthly meetings are for people who want more honest and in-depth
conversations about working within power asymmetries and global
inequalities while trying to communicate about "doing good." This is a
‘safe (and brave) space’ where we can build community and talk about our
everyday work dilemmas in re-imagining communications in the aid and
philanthropy sector.  Next one happens on Wednesday, 10 February 4pm CET.

You're always welcome and feel free to invite your colleagues! (Share
graphic attached.) RSVP and get the Zoom link by joining the Healing
Solidarity Collective (where you'll find tons more incredible people and
resources!):
https://collective.healingsolidarity.org/events/globaldev-communicators-connect?instance_index=20210214T150000Z

2) Mary Ann Clements and Jennifer will be hosting the 9th and 10th cohorts
of "Getting Ourselves Together: How white people can show up for
anti-racism in #globaldev
<https://healingsolidarity.org/getting-ourselves-together/>" in February
and March. While this *"anti-racism pop up practice group" *is full this
month, there's still spots in March, the time of which was specifically
chosen to accommodate people in Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S. West
Coast. Please see this link
<https://healingsolidarity.org/getting-ourselves-together/> for the dates,
all the sign-up details, and our "why", as well as some testimonials from
our previous participants. (Note that fees support spaces for Black people
and people of color offered by Healing Solidarity
<https://healingsolidarity.org/>.)

Here is a candid interview
<http://www.how-matters.org/2021/02/06/why-we-must-do-good-in-a-society-thats-hurting/>
of Jennifer reflecting on how she is defining 2021 in her #globaldev work.

We look forward to having you and reimagining a better world together.

Joan
--
Joan Okitoi-Heisig
Freelance Communicator/Moderator