[FoME] Invite, Intersectional Justice in Journalism

Klaas Glenewinkel klaas at mict-international.org
Mi Sep 9 08:31:33 CEST 2020

Striving for intersectional Justice in Journalism - a conversation

Hello everybody,

we are very excited to invite you to join our zoom-meeting next Tuesday with May Elmahdi Lichtsteiner,  Lola Silva, and Anna Antonakis.

In this conversation, we want to critically engage with a variety of topics revolving around gender&race and journalism - from issues of discrimination in language in reporting to questions of visibility and audience.
In the middle of increasing polarizations and a public sphere dominated by a pandemic, we want to take some time out to share visions of the ideal media house and their role in our societies.
With our experts knowing the field from different perspectives and positionalities, we are happy to have an open conversation about the challenges women journalists and feminist media practitioners face in mainstream and more alternative media.

-> May Elmahdi Lichtsteiner, has been working as a journalist for almost a decade now in different media houses, such as BBC, Aljazeera, DW and swissinfo.ch <http://swissinfo.ch/>
-> Lola Silva is a media practitioner and communication researcher.
-> Dr. Anna Antonakis will be moderating the discussion. She is a political scientist researching, advising and teaching in the field of gender, media and securities.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 AT 6 PM – 8 PM
Registration:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_THn88Ah4QHSRa6Fc2W6msA <https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_THn88Ah4QHSRa6Fc2W6msA>

Please forward this invite to friends and colleagues.

I am looking forward seeing you,

Klaas

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

MiCT

Klaas Glenewinkel
Managing Director

Media in Cooperation and Transition gGmbH
Brunnenstraße 9
10119 Berlin, Germany

P  +49 30 4849 302 16
M  +49 151 5042 3455