[FoME] Save the date: FoME Symposium 2019, November 7-8, Bonn

Sofie Jannusch Sofie.Jannusch at CAMECO.ORG
Fr Jul 12 17:31:56 CEST 2019

An: fome at listi.jpberlin.de
Von: Steffen Leidel
Gesendet von: "FoME"
Datum: 09.06.2019 07:35PM
Betreff: [FoME] Save the date: FoME Symposium 2019, November 7-8, Bonn

Dear Friends,
DW Akademie andthe Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftungcordially invite you to Bonn on November 7-8, 2019 to the FOME Symposium,2019 to discuss challenges ahead for the international media developmentcommunity.

We all know that digital transformation has created unprecedented opportunitiesand enormous challenges in the information ecosystem. Innovation in technologyprovides new opportunities to inform and social platforms open unparalelledways of engaging with audiences. Societies, however, face increasinglycomplex challenges on how to balance free speech with misinformation andhate speech, promote freedom of information while respecting individualprivacy and produce good quality information amidst fundamentally changingbusiness models in media.

During the FOME Symposium 2019, under the title  "Rethinkingmedia development - new actors, new technologies and new strategies",we will debate how we can best tackle these challenges.

So please SAVE THE DATE!

when:  Thursday, 7 November and Friday, 8 November, 2019
where: Deutsche Welle, Kurt-Schumacher-Straße 3, 53113 Bonn

More information on the programme and registration in September!

We hope to see you in Bonn!
Best regards
Steffen Leidel

Head DigitalInnovation and Knowledge Management
Policy and Concepts

DW Akademie

DeutscheWelle (DW)
Voltastr.6
13355Berlin

T +49.30.4646-8532
F +49.30.4646-8505
M +49.178.7997126
steffen.leidel at dw.com

www.dw-akademie.com
www.dw.com/mediadev
www.twitter.com/steffenleidel

Mobilbestens informiert: Wir empfehlen Ihnen unsere DW-App für iOS und Android

Mobil bestensinformiert: Wir empfehlen Ihnen unsere DW-App für iOSund Android

JPBerlin - Politischer Provider
FoME at listi.jpberlin.de