[FoME] 🔔 Reminder & Update | UNCOVERED conference in Berlin - Investigative Journalism for Europe

ECPMF conference at ecpmf.eu
Mi Jan 9 13:33:14 CET 2019

🔔 Reminder & Update| UNCOVERED conference in Berlin - Investigative
Journalism for Europe
Investigative journalism matters. Only 3 weeks to go - ij4EU goes
Berlin! Places are limited, hurry up to register. We also have a travel
stipend!

<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=761c1d7972&e=d3e2e43d0e>

  REMINDER & UPDATE

  UNCOVERED conference in Berlin - Investigative Journalism for Europe

The year has just started and already we only have 3 weeks to go. We
hope you received our initial invitation to join us at the *UNCOVERED
conference*
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=ed1f6fd89b&e=d3e2e43d0e>
in Berlin to learn more about the impressive *investigations of the
IJ4EU
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=b6c47ca042&e=d3e2e43d0e>grant
winners *and to discuss why investigative journalism matters to all of
us. We look forward to seeing you!

*when: Thursday, 31 January, 1pm - 6pm and Friday, 1 February, 2019, 9am
- 2pm
where: *Europäisches Haus (European House), Unter den Linden 78, 10117
Berlin, Germany

The workshop on digital security is already fully booked. The
registration deadline was set for 29 January, but the conference places
are limited and it's filling up! If you have already registered via
Sched/Eventbrite but can't attend, please cancel your attendance to free
up your seat for someone else. Thank you.

*Travel stipend*
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=2638df75b7&e=d3e2e43d0e>
Are you a journalist or do you work for an NGO? You'd like to attend the
UNCOVERED conference but you can’t afford it? The ECPMF is making a
last-minute call for stipends to allow you to attend the conference. How
you can participate and what are the selection criteria? _More info and
application here_
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=9cf3ee0566&e=d3e2e43d0e>.

The conference language will be *English. *The event takes place
under the patronage of the Governing Mayor of Berlin, Mr Michael Müller.

/_Please note_: We may take photos and videos of the speakers and
audience, to be posted on our website and social media channels. By
signing up you agree that you may appear in photos or videos of this
event./

More info on the event website
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=5775ed626c&e=d3e2e43d0e>

For questions please contact conference at ecpmf.eu

    *Side-events*

*Wikipedia editing marathon on media freedom and investigative
journalism: *Saturday, 26 January, 10 am to 6 pm at WikiBär,
Gartenstraße 92, Berlin-Mitte
If you are already in Berlin the week before, you are most welcome to
join the Wiki4MediaFreedom edit-a-thon, organised by _Osservatorio
Balcani Caucaso Transeuropa/ Centro per la Cooperazione internazionale
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=7bcbe9d2c0&e=d3e2e43d0e>_,
in cooperation with _Wikimedia Deutschland
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=14e61082c8&e=d3e2e43d0e>_and
the Berlin wiki group _WikiBär
<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=daf93e4f83&e=d3e2e43d0e>_.

*Digital Security Workshop: *Thursday, 31 January, 9 am to  12.30 pm and
Friday, 1 February, 2.30 to 6 pm, European House
We offer a *FREE workshop* on digital security for investigative
journalists by the experienced trainer Daniel Moßbrucker – before the
conference (Thursday morning for beginners) and another workshop after
the conference (Friday afternoon: advanced). Eligible for investigative
journalists and organisations that support investigative journalism. You
may take part on both days. The workshop is fully booked. We have a
waiting list.

The European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) is a non-profit
European Cooperative Society, based in Leipzig, Germany. The ECPMF was
founded in 2015 to promote the European Charter on Freedom of the Press
throughout Europe. The ECPMF and its partners preserve and defend media
freedom by monitoring the state of free media in Europe, providing news
and tools on media freedom issues, initiating activities and
providing practical support to journalists at risk.

The ECPMF is supported by: European Commission, Media foundation of
Sparkasse Leipzig, Free State of Saxony and the City of Leipzig

<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=c81fe63657&e=d3e2e43d0e>

<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=beef244c93&e=d3e2e43d0e>

<https://ecpmf.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=19a477fc4886d51a09341ccbe&id=fc317a87ae&e=d3e2e43d0e>

_*Imprint*_
European Centre for Press and Media Freedom SCE ltd

Menckestraße 27
04155 Leipzig, Germany

Phone: +49 341 200 403 13
E-Mail: info at ecpmf.eu <mailto:info at ecpmf.eu>

Cooperative register of the District Court Leipzig: GnR 534

*Executive Board: ***

Henrik Kaufholz (Chair),
Stephan Seeger,
Ljiljana Smajlović,