[FoME] Book publication: "Unbias the News. Why diversity matters for journalism" by Hostwriter & CORRECTIV

Tabea Grzeszyk tabea at hostwriter.org
Do Dez 5 10:51:52 CET 2019

Dear colleagues!

Please allow me to introduce myself after having spent too much time as a „silent witness“ to this FOME-newsletter. My name is Tabea Grzeszyk, I’m a freelance radio journalists mainly working for the German National Radio „DLF Kultur“. I’m also a co-founder and CEO of Hostwriter.org, an open network that helps journalists to easily collaborate across borders. Launched in May 2014, we are now connecting more than 4,500 accredited journalists in 150+ countries for cross-border collaboration and mutual support. We have received institutional funding by the Dutch Adessium Foundation since 2016 and our team won the Jury Prize at the Google Impact Challenge Germany in 2018.

Unbias the News. Why diversity matters for journalism
In September we released our first collaborative book project „Unbias the News. Why diversity matters for journalism,“ which brings over 30 journalists from all continents together to discuss issues of bias in journalism and how to address it. The illustrated anthology covers numerous topics, such as how journalism grants can disfavor local impact, the fight for internet access equality, ableism in the newsroom, confessions of a parachute journalist, how a lack of diversity increases polarization and much more. The result is a field guide to „unbiasing“ the newsroom and a launchpad for a new kind of journalism that looks more like the society it serves.

The book is available in English and German language at the CORRECTIV shop:
https://shop.correctiv.org/en/books/30/unbias-the-news-why-diversity-matters-for-journalism/ <https://shop.correctiv.org/en/books/30/unbias-the-news-why-diversity-matters-for-journalism/>
https://shop.correctiv.org/buecher/29/unbias-the-news-warum-journalismus-vielfalt-braucht/ <https://shop.correctiv.org/buecher/29/unbias-the-news-warum-journalismus-vielfalt-braucht/>

Please find attached more information on the project. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.

Warm regards,
Tabea Grzeszyk (Gsche-schik)
tabea at hostwriter.org <mailto:tabea at hostwriter.org>
+49 176 52182697

—
Tabea Grzeszyk (Gsche-schik)
Co-Founder & CEO

+49 (0)176 52182697

Hostwriter is an award-winning network that helps journalists to easily collaborate across borders.

Our book "Unbias the News. Why diversity matters for journalism" is now on sale:
unbiasthenews.org <http://unbiasthenews.org/>