[FoME] 📈 ECPMF ist hiring | Helpdesk Manager for Journalists-in-Residence Programme

Andreas Lamm | ECPMF lamm at ecpmf.eu
Mi Apr 3 15:59:48 CEST 2019

  Job advertisement

      Helpdesk Manager

The European Centre for Press and Media Freedom supports foreign or
exiled media professionals in Germany. In many cases, they are in need
of concrete practical support.

This is why the ECPMF establishes a “helpdesk” for exiled media
professionals. It is supposed to check requests, to give case-specific
advice and to coordinate assistance from third parties. In coordination
with our Journalist-in-Residence manager, you will operate the Helpdesk
and establish a network of supporters. You will, for example, mediate
and coordinate psychological therapies, legal advice and arrange
micro-scholarships for internships in German media.

We are looking for you – starting right away:

*New professional in intercultural counselling and support of
foreign and exiled media professionals*

Limited contract until March 31, 2020
part-time, 30h/ week

Application deadline: April 26, 2019

_The advertised position contains the following areas of responsibility:_

  * examination of help requests and case-specific mediation of help
    offers for foreign or exiled media professionals
  * establishing a network of aid organizations and maintaining the
    already existing contacts
  * supporting the integration and professional development of the
    target group
  * Coordinating and cooperating with the Journalist-in-Residence manager

__

_The requirements are:_

  * professional background in the social area; experience with the case
    work and with the work of non-governmental organizations
  * a great interest to work with media professionals, especially with
    journalists of a non-German background
  * intercultural competence, empathy, excellent communication skills,
    both orally and written; high resilience
  * excellent German and English skills; more language skills welcome

The compensation of the full time position is based on TV-L Ost 9
(collective agreement for civil service employees). For now, the
position will be limited until March 31, 2020, as funding comes from
project grants. However, our aim is to continue the project in 2020.

In the ECPMF, you will find both a friendly and ambitious team that
dedicates itself to the defence of the European Charter for Press
Freedom. Are you interested in joining us? If so, contact us right away at:

application at ecpmf.eu <mailto:application at ecpmf.eu>

We are looking forward to your application.
--
signatur

*European Centre for Press and Media Freedom*

Andreas Lamm | Deputy Managing Director & Art Director

Menckestraße 27, 04155 Leipzig/Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 341 200 403 22
Mobile: +49 (0) 176 960 270 53

*M* | lamm at ecpmf.eu
*W* | www.ecpmf.eu

follow us: Twitter/Facebook @ECPMF

*Secure communication *
PGP-Key: https://ecpmf.eu/secure/0d74b8bb.asc

--

Europäisches Zentrum für Presse- und Medienfreiheit,
SCE mit beschränkter Haftung

VAT ID: DE314617313
Genossenschaftsregister des Amtsgerichts Leipzig: GnR 534

*Vorstand:* Henrik Kaufholz (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Stephan Seeger, Ljiljana Smajlović, Galina Arapova,
Mogens Blicher Bjerregård
*Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende:* Lucie Sýkorová
*Managing Director:* Dr. Lutz Kinkel