[FoME] WG: Scholarship for journalists from countries in crisis or at war

Christian Mihr | Reporter ohne Grenzen Christian.Mihr at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de
Sa Jun 2 13:44:54 CEST 2018

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Presse | Reporter ohne Grenzen
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Juni 2018 16:40
Betreff: Scholarship for journalists from countries in crisis or at war

Scholarship for journalists from countries in crisis or at war

(This invitation on RSF Germany’s website: www.reporter-ohne-grenzen.de/hilfe-schutz/auszeit-stipendium/#english )

June 1, 2018 – Rest and Refuge Scholarship is a project run by Reporters Without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization linked to „die tageszeitung“ (taz), a daily newspaper from Berlin.

We invite two journalists from countries in crisis or war to stay in Berlin. We offer them a time of refuge and rest for three months. The first journalist will be invited from September to November 2018, the second from March to May 2019.

Who can apply?

+ Journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest.
+ Journalists who feel the need to lie low awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work.

What we offer

We offer travel expenses, a decent apartment, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for three months. Participants may completely withdraw from public life, use the time for writing or thinking, or they may want to explore political life in Berlin. Of course we would be of help in that.

Conditions

Participants have to be able to communicate in basic English or in German. Participants should have relevant working-experience as journalists. They must have the intention to return to their country after three months.

How to apply

Please use the application form (http://t1p.de/wv9k, Word document) and send the other requested documents to: auszeit at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de. The deadline for applications is 17 June 2018.
We offer to communicate with us via encrypted mail (http://t1p.de/4hdh).

Reporter ohne Grenzen