[FoME] Symposium "Power Shifts" - REGISTRATION ENDS SOON! - Programme updates

Matthias Spielkamp | iRights.info ms at iRights.info
Mo Nov 6 20:59:43 CET 2017

Dear all,

we are delighted to let you know that we have filled the last remaining
gaps in our programme:

Thomas Jarzombek, Member of the German Parliament and spokesperson of
the CDU/ CSU parliamentary group in the Digital Agenda Committee will
deliver the keynote speech at the 2017 Symposium of the Forum Media and
Development “Power Shifts – Media Freedom and the Internet” from
November 16 - 17 in Berlin.

Also, Mozilla and Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung will host participants for an
evening reception at Mozilla’s recently opened (spectacular) Berlin
office with a presentation of Mozilla’s Internet Health Report.

Because of these last minute additions to the programme we have extended
the registration deadline to this Friday, November 10th, 20:00 CET.

Please register here:
<http://fome.info/events/symposium-2017/registration>

ATTENTION: on-site registration will NOT be available.

***Livestream available***
In case you cannot make it to Berlin you will find the Symposium’s
Livestream here:
<http://fome.info/events/symposium-2017>

Meet

> Chinmayi Arun, Centre for Communication Governance, Delhi
> Lynn St. Amour, Chair of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group of the
Internet Governance Forum
> Guy Berger, Director of Division of Freedom of Expression and Media
Development, UNESCO
> Harlem Désir, OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media
> Miriam Estrin, Google
> Helani Galpaya, LIRNEasia, Colombo, Sri Lanka
> Jeanette Hofmann, Berlin Social Science Center
> Joseph Nasongo, Commissioner, National Cohesion and Integration
Commission, Kenya
> Mark Nelson, Center for International Media Assistance (CIMA),
Washington, DC
> Nanjira Sambuli, World Wide Web Foundation, Nairobi

and many more for discussions on

> Media Literacy
> Multi-stakeholder processes
> Trade regulation for surveillance technology
> Cybersecurity
> Sources protecting and Whistleblowers in the Digital Age
> Internet shutdowns
> “Fake News”

and more.

For details, the full programme, speakers and registration go to

<http://fome.info/events/symposium-2017/>

The symposium is organised by iRights.international
(<http://irights.international/>) and hosted by Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung
(<http://www.kas.de/wf/en/>).

FoME is an initiative of 20 organisations from German-speaking countries
active in international media development, including
iRights.international, CAMECO, Deutsche Welle Akademie, ECPMF, Friedrich
Ebert Stiftung, Friedrich Naumann Stiftung, Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit, IDEM, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Reporters
without Borders and others.

For inquiries please contact fome at iRights.international