[FoME] ECPMF Truth Conference: Last reminder, key debate and press release:

wehofsits at ecpmf.eu wehofsits at ecpmf.eu
Do Jun 8 12:35:39 CEST 2017

Last Reminder – press release
ECPMF Conference 13/14 June 2017
“Defending the truth in a post-truth era"

Dear all,

Enclosed you find the recent press release on our upcoming conference
in Leipzig
“Defending the truth in a post-truth era“

Tuesday, 13 June, 2 pm – 6 pm (6 – 9 evening reception)
Wednesday, 14 June, 9.30 am – 2pm
Salles de Pologne, Hainstraße 16, 04109 Leipzig, Germany

Vera Lengsfeld will take part in our key debate on Lying Press
accusations and the "concept of the enemy". Several examples how to
combat fake news across Europe will be presented in good practice case
studies - we don't just want to talk about the issue but exchange
constructively.

Please confirm your participation via email to conference at ecpmf.eu.

The conference is free of charge. Refreshments are provided. For more
information and details on the programme please visit the conference
website
(https://ecpmf.eu/events/defending-the-truth-in-a-post-truth-era)

- we have a SCHED there now too!

If you are travelling from outside Leipzig, please note that many
hotels are fully booked already. Luckily we have a great offer from
our conference partner Hostwriter.org – free overnight homestays with
local authors, journalists and bloggers. To use this free service
visit http://hostwriter.org.

At the conference Em. Prof. Dirk Voorhoof (Ghent University and ECPMF)
will present the Manifesto on Fake News
(http://www.differenceday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Manifesto-Difference-Day-2017-final.pdf). You are very welcome to email us a comment beforehand to info at ecpmf.eu, so it can be fed into the
debate.

Best,

Nora Wehofsits
Advocacy Officer

Dr. Lutz Kinkel
ECPMF Managing Director

** (https://twitter.com/ECPMF)
** (https://www.facebook.com/ECPMF/)
** (https://www.ecpmf.eu)

European Centre for Press and Media Freedom

Menckestraße 27
04155 Leipzig, Germany

Phone: +49 341 200 403 13
E-Mail: ** info at ecpmf.eu

Cooperative register of the District Court Leipzig: GnR 534

Executive Board:
Henrik Kaufholz (Chair), Hans-Ulrich Jörges (Vice Chair),
Galina Arapova, Mogens Blicher Bjerregård,
Christoph Keese, Stephan Seeger, Ljiljana Smailovic, Dr Dirk Voorhoof

Chair of Supervisory Board:
Balazs Nagy Navarro

Managing Director:
Dr Lutz Kinkel