[FoME] Vacancy: Reporters Without Borders / Reporters sans Frontières (RSF) is recruiting a programs director

Christian Mihr | Reporter ohne Grenzen Christian.Mihr at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de
Di Jan 31 10:22:44 CET 2017

Reporters Without Borders / Reporters sans Frontières (RSF) is recruiting a programs director
(https://rsf.org/en/work-rsf )
Working with the Director-General, you will be head our programs department, which consists of three sections - Research and Publication, Assistance and Training, and Advocacy - and has a staff of 25. You will coordinate the department's activities with our various partners.

What will your day-to-day duties consist of?

As a member of the steering committee (CODIR) and executive committee (COMEX), you will define and promote our strategy as regards publication, lobbying, assistance and training. You will act as arbiter of the public positions that we take.

You will formulate our Annual Work Plan and supervise the implementation of our activities, always ensuring that they are effective and have the desired impact.

You will help to devise the programs proposals that we submit to donors for funding.

You will help to represent RSF in our contacts with national and international media, international organizations, governmental officials and donors.

Your profile

Male or female, you have a master's degree and at least 15 years of management experience, preferably in the media and/or NGO sector.

You appreciate the importance of media freedom and independence, and you are aware of the threats to which they are exposed internationally.

You understand how an NGO functions and you are able to combine operational and strategic imperatives.

You are aware of the importance of developing your team's skills, you are organized, conscientious and pragmatic, you are comfortable with project management, and you know how to unite people around a common purpose.

Your resourcefulness, teamwork skills and ability to work horizontally across our organization will ensure that you are appreciated as a key partner by the management.

Languages: French and English essential

Conditions

Paris-based position

Occasional travel, as required