[FoME] Vacancy: Lead Researcher and Project Manager, Media Policy

Christian Mihr | Reporter ohne Grenzen Christian.Mihr at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de
Di Jan 24 17:41:40 CET 2017

Reporter ohne Grenzen e.V., is the German section of the international human rights organization Reporters without Borders – Reporters sans frontières (RSF).

We are currently implementing the ‘Media Ownership Monitor’ (MOM) – a global research and advocacy project in the field of media pluralism for which we are recruiting a

Lead Researcher and Project Manager, Media Policy

Reporting to the Project Director, duties will include, but not be limited to:
•	Field assignment, facilitation of the MOM implementation in Brazil, particularly
•	Serve as an operational interlocutor towards our partner organization;
•	Coordinate and advise on the collaborative research activity;
•	Support final dissemination events;
•	Supervision and guidance of the Brazilian country team, consisting of a local senior researcher and research assistants;
•	Provision of continuous feedback during the implementation, including a final review and further development of the research
                methodology where needed.

We expect the following profile of candidates:
•	Five years or more of progressive track record in either media science, communication studies or investigative journalism;
•	Proven knowledge of the current media pluralism and freedom of expression discourse;
•	Professional fluency in both English and Portuguese (is a must);
•	Experience in teaching and coaching small teams;
•	Intercultural sensitivity and curiosity, committed to do-no-harm principle;
•	Readiness to travel and work in challenging, volatile environments;
•	ICT savvy, proven experience in operating  complex CMS (ideally Typo3).

We offer:

•	A full-time contract of four months initially, starting mid June of 2017;
•	A competitive honorarium and social benefits;
•	An assignment with one of the most-acclaimed global human rights NGOs, based in the centre of Berlin/Germany, including a stints
               overseas;
•	Participation in a dedicated and enthusiastic team with a cause.

Please submit your application documents (motivation letter, CV, references) as .pdf, total max. 1,5 MB via e-mail: bewerbung at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de and quote the position title.

For more information on MOM, please refer to www.mom-rsf.org

You are welcome to contact Olaf Steenfadt in case you have any questions (os at reporter-ohne-grenzen.de ).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews via Skype.