[FoME] Community Screenings for Participatory Video

Christoph Dietz Christoph.Dietz at CAMECO.ORG
Mo Mär 24 16:42:05 CET 2014

>>> "Marlene Bovenmars" <mbovenmars at insightshare.org> 18.03.2014 09:23 >>>

We are excited to share with you all our latest free publication: 'Community Screenings for Participatory Video'! We hope it will be a valuable resource for some of you and would be happy to receive your feedback.

It would be great if you could help us spread the word about this new resource as well as about our upcoming Participatory Video Training at the end of April, if you think there might be any (future) PV enthusiasts among your contacts.
Thanks very much in advance!

In solidarity,
the InsightShare Team

Community Screenings - A Guide
We decided to produce this screening guide to provide ideas and inspiration for anyone organising community screenings as part of a participatory video process. It includes advice on planning and delivering an effective screening, practical suggestions for logistics and technical considerations, facilitator tips, checklists, and a range of short case studies from a variety of past projects.

Click here to view or download the guide.

"If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart." (Nelson Mandela)

Our UK-based PV Course - the 23rd edition
Our UK-based Participatory Video Training is suitable for development practitioners and activists who seek ways of strengthening communities and groups through participatory video, by enabling them to exercise greater impact on decision-making processes and undertake advocacy for social justice.

The trainees will have the opportunity to experience, explore and practice a wide range of games and group exercises. Our courses are designed around principles of experimental learning: employing a wide range of techniques that enhance creativity.

The 6 days of the training are fully packed and socially intense as the course aims to build the trainees' capacity to deliver on all aspects of the participatory video process, incl. technical learning, group bonding, issue identification and prioritisation, story development, video planning, shooting, editing, screening facilitation and project planning and preparation.

Click here to view the course brochure. To book a place or find out more, contact Marleen Bovenmars: trainings at insightshare.org

"The course was incredibly inspiring and I'm so grateful for getting a place and sponging up all the experience from the IS team. I've never before learn't so much on a personal/professional level in such a short space of time. One...two...threee - CLAP to you guys!" (Joe Jenkinson from Azafady, trainee 22nd edition)

Marleen Bovenmars
Operations Manager

E: mbovenmars at insightshare.org
T: +44 (0)1865 403127
M: +44 (0)7580 752124
S: marleneleonie
InsightShare
Amplifying Voices, Connecting Worlds, Inspiring Transformation
www.insightshare.org