[FoME] Announcing: Call for Papers re:publica 2012

Geraldine de Bastion geraldine.debastion at newthinking.de
Do Jan 26 09:11:55 CET 2012

Dear FoME-Members,

I would hereby like to bring our call for papers for re:publica 2012 to
your attention and hope you will be interested in participating:

INTRODUCING RE:PUBLICA

re:publica is Europe’s largest and most prominent conference on the
future of our society and all things digital. re:publica attracts over
3,000 participants but has preserved an open and familiar atmosphere.
re:publica is the quality conference with a festival feel.

In 2012 re:publica will take place for the sixth consecutive time in
Berlin, Germany from May 2nd to May 4th. Unlike other conferences which
focus on social media marketing and the usual “show and tell” of tools
and projects, re:publica aims to bring together communities, leading
thinkers of our time with activists and engaged organizations to share
experiences.

CALL FOR PAPERS

This year's call for papers is open until February 5th. We are looking
for creative, high-level talks, engaging discussions and hands-on
workshops for our 2012 program. If you wish to contribute and be part of
re:publica then please take part in our call:

http://re-publica.de/12/en/call-for-papers/

Participating in the call does not require submitting a scientific
proposal. You can participate by filling out our online template which
asks for your topic, a brief description of the content, format
(lecture, discussion, workshop or action) as well as some information
about you (name and previous experience).

TOPICS

re:publica addresses the question how digitization and new media impact
on society. Main topics include the role of new media for political
communication and protest, changing media landscapes and trends in
journalism, DIY-cultures and net political topics such as  privacy, open
data, open licensing, and Internet infrastructure and security. To find
out more about our topics in 2012, please visit:
http://re-publica.de/12/en/call-for-papers/

We are looking forward to receiving your ideas. Should you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pleas feel free to pass on this email and the link.

Sincerely,
Geradine de Bastion

--
Geraldine de Bastion
newthinking communications GmbH

T:  +49 30 92105-988
M: +49 1799975766
W: www.newthinking.de

newthinking communications GmbH (NTC GmbH)
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: AG Charlottenburg
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 102015 B
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gebhard