[FoME] Diaspora: Critical studies of affectivity in internet culture

Andrea Althoff andrea.althoff at googlemail.com
Mi Feb 8 12:39:28 CET 2012

Dear All,
ups, here with the email address from the sender.
I will forward this request, since you as media experts might have an
answer.
Best wishes,
Andrea

Dear all,

I have searched my Diaspora.fi archives but this did not yield any results,
therefore I'm directing my question to the full audience: I'm trying to get
an overview of critical studies of internet cultural practices that have
employed the lens of affectivity.

I'm looking at YouTube video consumption of minority youths myself, and
throughout the interviews emotional attachments to for instance diasporic
materials were foregrounded. I'm trying to gauge the meanings of these
processes and I'm starting to believe the recent critical work on
affectivity might be a good entry point.

Feminist/critical theory/post-colonial/anti-

--
Dr. Andrea Althoff
Ettersburger Weg 3
email: andrea.althoff at gmail.com