[FoME] Only one moth to go until the 2011 FoME Symposium!

Geraldine de Bastion geraldine.debastion at newthinking.de
Di Sep 27 09:46:45 CEST 2011

Dear FoME List Members,

This years FoME Symposium is only four weeks away and we are excited to
introduce our key note speakers:

Mark Thompson (Open Society Foundation/Media Program) who will be joined
by his collogues Victor Gotisan (Mapping Digital Media/Moldova) and
Roberto Belicanec (Mapping Digital Media/Macedonia). Together they will
present the findings of the study “Mapping Digital Media – The Impact of
Digital Technology on Journalism”.

Our second key note speaker Justin Arenstein is an international media
expert and will be sharing insights from his work with Forum for African
Investigative Reporters (FAIR) and the African Association of
Independent Publishers, Google and the newly founded organization “Rest
of the World Media”.

In addition Ivan Sigal (Global Voices Online) has joined our session
“New Media, New Partnerships?“ and Thaweeporn Khummetha (Thai Netizen
Network) will be sharing her experiences from Thailand in the session
“Security Threats in the Digital Era”.

To check out all our speakers, the programme and their bios please visit
our website: http://training.dw-world.de/ausbildung/blogs/fome2011/

To stay updated follow @FoME_Symposium and/or subscribe to our newsfeed.

Looking forward to seeing you in Bonn next month!

Geraldine de Bastion
(on behalf of the Deutsche Welle Akademie and the 2011 FoME Symposium Team)

--
Geraldine de Bastion
newthinking communications GmbH

T:  +49 30 692033791
M: +49 1799975766
W: www.newthinking.de

newthinking communications GmbH (NTC GmbH)
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: AG Charlottenburg
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 102015 B
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gebhard