[FoME] Fw: [Climatecom] Earth Journalism Awards - June 5 2009 - Official Launch

Marcos Montoiro MMontoiro at unccd.int
Mo Jun 8 16:02:50 CEST 2009

For your information and eventual dissemination,

Best regards,

Marcos.

Marcos Montoiro
Awareness Raising, Communication and Education Unit
UNCCD-Secretariat
Hermann-Ehlers-Str. 10, 53113
Bonn, Germany
Tel: (+49-228) 8152806
Fax: (+49-228) 8152899
Web: http://www.unccd.int
Conserving land and water = securing our common future
17 June - World Day to Combat Desertification
----- Forwarded by Marcos Montoiro/UNCCD on 06/08/2009 04:01 PM -----

             "Carola Saibante"
             <CSaibante at wmo.in
             t>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  <climatecom at lists.unfccc.int>
             climatecom-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.unfccc.in
             t                                                     Subject
                                       [Climatecom] Earth Journalism
                                       Awards - June 5 2009 - Official
             06/08/2009 02:23          Launch
             PM

             Please respond to
              Climate Change
               Communication
                Task Force
             <climatecom at lists
               .unfccc.int>

Dear Sir/Madam

I   am   contacting   you   from  Internews,  a  global  media  development
organisation,  we hope you might be willing to support our Earth Journalism
Awards  (EJA)  by  passing  on  information about its official launch, this
Friday, to journalists and bloggers in your network.

The  EJA will recognize outstanding reporting on climate change and provide
journalists  with  an  incentive to produce more and better stories in this
crucial  period  leading  up to the Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen
December 7-18 2009. The EJA winners will be invited to attend and cover the
negotiations.

The EJA competition officially opens on World Environment Day, June 5, when
all partners and sponsors will be officially announced and journalists will
be invited to submit their reports at http://awards.earthjournalism.org

We  would  like to make this awards competition a truly international event
that  engages  local media throughout the world, and would be most grateful
if  you could help us achieve this by passing on our upcoming press release
and/or  publishing  information  on your website, sending updates about the
EJA  to  your  mailing  lists,  partner  organizations  and local media, or
talking about the EJA in your public events.

Banners  for  websites  and other communication material can be found here:
http://awards.earthjournalism.org/content/spread-the-word

We  are  also  building  a  presence  on  online  social  networks, such as
Facebook,  LinkedIn  and  Twitter,  and  would be happy to connect with you
there if you have a presence on any of those networks.

In  return  for  your  support,  we  would  be  happy  to  mention you as a
communication partner on our website.

I am looking forward to hearing your views on this and remain available for
any questions you might have.

Sincerely yours,

Morgan

The  Earth  Journalism  Awards  is  a joint project of the California-based
Internews  Network (www.internews.org) and the Paris-based Internews Europe
(www.internews.eu).  In  2004,  Internews  launched  the  Earth  Journalism
Network to enable journalists in developing countries cover the environment
more effectively.

Morgan Williams
Internews Europe
72, Rue Jeanne D'Arc, 75013, Paris