[FoME] n-ost is seeking a new Managing Director: English Vacancy Announcement

Christian Mihr mihr at n-ost.de
Di Aug 11 11:57:21 CEST 2009

n-ost e.V., the network for reporting on Eastern Europe, is an
international journalists' organisation located in Berlin. n-ost
organises conferences, research trips and media projects, and has a
network of journalists extending throughout Europe. With its article and
radio service n-ost delivers news content to radio stations and
newspapers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

We are now accepting applications for the position of
managing director

to start by October 15, 2009. The position is full time, limited
initially to two years. We aim to prolong the appointment subsequently.

You will lead a team of fixed and freelance staff through n-ost's
current growth phase, develop the network strategically and introduce
innovative project ideas. You will represent the network at public
events, develop new partnerships and attend to current contacts with
German, European and international media and foundations. In so doing
you will work closely with our honorary executive committee.

We are looking for a strong, academically qualified applicant with

    *

      year-long experience in project management, or alternatively in
      non-profit management

    *

      good communication and leadership skills

    *

      several years of fundraising experience (if possible EU-wide and
      internationally)

    *

      highly proficient spoken and written German

    *

      very good knowledge of English

    *

      sound managerial knowledge and

    *

      experience in organisational development.

Knowledge of one Eastern European language is advantageous.

If you have an affinity for Central, Eastern or Southern Europe and
experience with topics in media and journalism or are willing to quickly
acquire such experience, if you are interested in a varied leadership
position, if you have a mind for business and web affinity and if you
are a highly motivated team player, we look forward to receiving your
detailed application in a PDF document (email only, max. 3 MB) by
Wednesday August 25, 2009, addressed to n-ost's chairperson at
bewerbung at n-ost.de.

For queries please contact Christina Hebel, Chairperson, at
bewerbung at n-ost.de, or Matthias Echterhagen, General Manager, at
+49-30-259 32 83-18.