[FoME] WG: [NTF-Liste] Seminar "Media, Ethics and the War on Terror", University of Leicester

Martin Peth peth at forumzfd.de
Di Sep 18 12:42:03 CEST 2007

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. September 2007 10:54
An: sebastiaan garvelink; ntf-mailingliste at googlegroups.com
Betreff: [NTF-Liste] Seminar "Media, Ethics and the War on Terror",
University of Leicester

http://www.le.ac.uk:80/mc/news/ESRC.html

ESRC Seminar

Media, Ethics and the War on Terror

Friday 9 November 2007, University of Leicester

A one day seminar will be held at the University of Leicester on Friday 9
November 2007 as part of the ESRC Seminar Series 'Ethics and the War on
Terror: Politics, Multiculturalism and the Media'.

This seminar will focus on ethics and the media and will involve media
practitioners as well as academics and research students from media studies
and other disciplines. The aim of the seminar will be to open up debate
about the theory and practice of the media and issues related to the war on
terror.

Confirmed speakers already include Andrew Hoskins (University of Warwick),
Ben O'Loughlin (Royal Holloway, University of London), Philip Taylor
(University of Leeds) and Daya Thussu (University of Westminster).

We are also pleased to announce that our public keynote speaker for this
event will be Gary
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Archive/0,5673,-286,00.html>  Younge,
columnist and the US correspondent for The Guardian who has written
extensively from Southern Africa and throughout Europe as well as the UK
since he joined the paper in 1994.

Call for Papers

We still have room for more papers and would welcome proposals from PhD
students, academics and media practitioners working in this area.

Participation

We have a limited number of places for the seminar so would like to hear
from anyone who would like to take part as soon as possible. There is no
charge for attending and lunch will be provided. We can meet UK travel costs
for speakers and PhD students. We can usually also meet these costs for some
other participants who do not have other sources of funding to attend, but
only to the extent that our budget permits.

Contact

Paper proposals and requests to participate should be sent to Gillian Youngs
(gy4 at le.ac.uk) who is organizing this seminar as soon as possible. The
seminar series is led by Gillian Youngs in collaboration with Simon Caney
(University of Oxford) and Heather Widdows (University of Birmingham).

"Netzwerk Terrorismusforschung" eingetragen haben.
Zum Erstellen von Beiträgen senden Sie eine E-Mail an
ntf-mailingliste at googlegroups.com
Um sich von der Mailingliste abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
ntf-mailingliste-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com

* * * Kontakt: info at netzwerk-terrorismusforschung.de * * *