[FoME] Guidelines to media quality management standards

Christoph Dietz christoph.dietz at CAMECO.ORG
Di Mai 23 14:00:00 CEST 2006

>>> "Guillaume CHENEVIERE" <guillaume at certimedia.org> 22.05.2006 >>>
Dear Christoph,

Please find attached the draft media quality guidelines which the Media
and Society Foundation has prepared to accompany its quality management
standards. We use them also for training purposes and one of the
participants in a recent workshop in Mongolia described them as "the
encyclopedia of media good governance". I tried to send the guidelines
to the whole FoME mailing list, but did not succeed.

An improved version is expected to come out of our international
Standardization Committee meeting in Kuala Lumpur on June 1 and 2. We
hope to add examples of good practices from the South.

Yours sincerely,

Guillaume Chenevière
Executive Director
Guillaume at certimedia.org

Guillaume Chenevière is President of the World Radio and Television
Council, a civil society initiative in favour of public service
broadcasting, and Director of the MEDIA & SOCIETY FOUNDATION, which
promotes an international quality management standard for the media
industry. He was executive director of the World Electronic Media Forum
organized in December 2003 on the occasion of the the World Summit on
the Information Society. Born in Geneva in 1937, he was successively a
sociologist (European Centre for Culture), a journalist (Tribune de
Genève), an executive in the automobile industry (Chrysler) and a
theatre director (Théâtre de Carouge). In 1975, he joined TSR,
Télévision Suisse Romande, the French speaking national television
of Switzerland. Head of Entertainment and Culture, he became controller
of programmes in 1986, and finally director general from 1992 to 2001.
During the Swiss national exhibition of 2002, he was responsible of all
radio and TV programmes of the Swiss Broadcasting Corporation.