[Debatte-Grundeinkommen] [Fwd: New international basic income journal: Basic Income Studies]

Katrin Mohr kmohr at gwdg.de
Di Okt 4 10:41:01 CEST 2005

Zur Kenntnis.

KM

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New international basic income journal: Basic Income Studies
Date: 	Tue, 04 Oct 2005 02:26:31 +0300
From: 	jurgen de wispelaere <jurgen.dewispelaere at ucd.ie>
To: 	Undisclosed recipients: ;

Dear basic income network coordinator,

On behalf of the full editorial team of "Basic Income Studies" (BIS), a
new journal devoted to basic income research, I would like to ask you
whether you could publish the following announcement/call for papers,
which will appear in the next BIEN Flash, in your respective
newsletters or websites.

I include the announcement below as well as in attachment. More
information about the journal can be found on our web
www.basicincomestudies.org. If you have any questions feel free to
email us at contact at basicincomestudies.org.

Thank you very much for your help.

best wishes,

Jurgen De Wispelaere
Editor, Basic Income Studies

ANNOUNCEMENT: BASIC INCOME STUDIES

Basic Income Studies: An International Journal of Basic Income Research
(BIS) is a new international journal devoted to the critical discussion
of and research into universal basic income and related policy
proposals. BIS is published twice a year by an international team of
scholars, with support from Red Renta Basica, the Basic Income Earth
Network and the U.S. Basic Income Guarantee Network.

The inaugural issue of BIS will appear in 2006 with articles by Joel
Handler, Stuart White and Yannick Vanderborght and a retrospective on
Robert van der Veen and Philippe Van Parijs’s seminal article on “A
Capitalist Road to Communism”. The retrospective includes a reprint of
the original article and a set of specially written comments by Gerald
Cohen, Erik Olin Wright, Doris Schroeder, Catriona McKinnon, Harry
Dahms, Gijs van Donselaar and Andrew Williams.

BIS is currently inviting contributions from academic scholars,
researchers, policy-makers and welfare advocates on a wide variety of
topics pertaining to the universal welfare debate. The editors are
interested in publishing research articles, book reviews, and short,
accessible commentaries discussing aspects of basic income or a closely
related topic. BIS accepts research from all main academic disciplines,
and welcomes research that pushes the debate into previously uncharted
areas. BIS aims to promote the research of young scholars as well as
seasoned researchers, and the editors particularly welcome
contributions from non-Western countries.

For more information, please visit our website at
www.basicincomestudies.org or contact the editors, Jurgen De Wispelaere
and Karl Widerquist, at editor at basicincomestudies.org. Scholars who
want to have their books considered for review or who would like to
review a book for BIS should contact Sandra Gonzales at
book at basicincomestudies.org.

-------------------------------
Jurgen De Wispelaere
UCD Equality Studies Centre