[BFP] Bike for Peace Ride: News for our Russian and Belarusian Participants

Konni Schmidt bike4peace at web.de
Do Apr 23 21:13:43 CEST 2009

Dear friends of Peace in Belarus and Russia,

some informations about the events in the last 4 weeks.

- Last weekend we had our annual meeting of Bike for Peace and New
Energies NGO.

We elected a new board of the NGO.

Konni Schmidt is again Chairman of the board for again 2 years.

Also again deputy chairman is Kai Schürmann from Cologne.

New deputy chairman is Christian Weber from Frankfurt, participant at
Bike for Peace ride the last two years.

A big thank you we say to our formerly deputy chairman Frank Winkler,
who finished his function because of his professional needs.

But he will continue to help us as much as he can by searching for
sponsors of renewable energie industry.

Some more events happened the last weeks:
- Preparation tour through Poland Lithuania and Belarus (separate report
later).
- Preparation seminar and meeting of Belarusian and Russian Organisers
in the Beresinskiy Biosphere reserve. (See separate report)
- Manifestations against the NATO-summit in Strasbourg/FRANCE
- Traditional easter demonstrations "Ostermarsch" in Germany, where
Bike for Peace took part in Saarbrücken and Frankfurt.

Also very soon we will give you some results of the work of our peace
friend Ina Edelkraut, who is organising a big festival in Berlin, when
the bike for peace ride will be there on saturday, 25 July 2009.

-----------

The international meeting in the Beresinkiy Biosphere Reserve was the
first big international meeting about the goals of Bike for Peace and
New Energies NGO.

The total report was made in russian language and must still be translated.

Some results:
- The Bike for Peace ride 2009 Paris - Moscow will take a new track,
which you can find at our website. Russian translation is available
soon. The first russian version you can find here beside. It is not easy to
print, but the electronic version is readable.
- The Coordinator for the Belarusian part of the track is again Valery
Rassolko from Minsk.
- The Coordinator for the Russian part of the track is Galina Dmitriewa
from Wjasma.

She organised last year the track in the Smolenskij Oblast.
Igor Ivakhnenko from Moscow is working a lot and can not continue to be
coordinator for Moskowskij oblast and asked us for support.

He will continue to help us and also will participate a part of the track.

We thank him very much for his work through all the last 3 years.

Valery Rassolko will coordinate the whole track through Belarus and
Russia and he will be the bridge between Galina and the german
organisers by translating and coordinating. Please all Russians send your
registration as soon as possible to Galina.

Some more participants from Moscow will help us: Tolya Ivanchenko will
be translater in preparation and on the track, Wladimir will help us to
find the shortest and most interesting way from Wjasma to Moscow. More
helpers are welcome.

Some more informations about registration:

It is also needed that everybody pays 100 Euro for registration fee. You
can bring it by cash to the meeting at consulate. The date of visit of
the german consulate, where you can bring your passport and Visa anketa,
you will receive from Galina. After your anketa German Bike for Peace an
New Energies NGO will send the invitation to the german consulate in
Moscow.

- This year our financial situation is more difficult, then the last
years. Because of the financial crisis many sponsors cannot continue
their support like last year.

The contribution of russian participants can only be 14 Euro if the
count of participants is not more then 25.

We must find a solution to make possible the participation of more people.

Some proposed to pay 19 Euro for all participants from Belarus and
Russia, what will alough the participation of 31 or 32 from both countries.

The real cost is nearly 25 Euro per day and participant. We understand
that it is for most participants too much, but  we believe 19 Euro will
be a possible compromise. This contribution is only for european part of
the track. In Belarus it is 9 Euro for Belarusians, 14 Euro for Russians in Belarus and for all Eastern participants in Russia.

Please send all questions in russian language to Galina Dmitriewa.

We are very happy, that so many people in Belarus and Russia have interest to participate at Bike for Peace Ride. We will do all, what we can to make it possible, even if financial problems are very difficult to solve. It could also help us, if you find some sponsors or donators in Belarus and Russia. Every small amount of Rubel or Euro can help us.

Greetings and Peace

Konni Schmidt

Friedensradfahrt 2009 Paris - Moskau
4. Juli bis 25. August 2009

Bike for Peace and New Energies e. V.
Wormser Str. 27
D-67657 Kaiserslautern

Mobil: +49-176-633-215-46
Mobil 2: +49-152-295-393-82
Fax: +49-1212-510 805 686

www.bikeforpeace-and-new-energies.net

Konni.Schmidt at bikeforpeace.net

Adresse unserer Mailingliste:
Bikeforpeace at listi.jpberlin.de
Man/Frau kann sich auch selbst eintragen/austragen: