[atp-news] Radtour durch Südindien 2005 zugunsten ACCORD

Petra Bursee (Adivasi-Tee-Projekt) petra.bursee at adivasi-tee-projekt.org
Don Nov 18 16:26:18 CET 2004

Liebe FreundInnen des ATP und der Adivasi in Indien,

unten finden Sie eine Nachricht aus Indien, die wir Ihnen nicht vorenthalten wollen: vom 24. Januar bis 5. Februar 2005 wird es eine organisierte Fahrradtour  über 369 km durch Südindien (von Bangalore nach Gudalur) geben, währendessen auch soziale Projekte, Tempel, eine Frauenorganisation und die Adivasi in Gudalur besucht werden. Der Beitrag von (mindestens) 1.500 Pfund kommt vollständig ACCORD zugute.

Diejenigen, welche selbst nicht daran teilnehmen können, können für einen Kilometer spenden: die Kosten der Radtour betragen 3,50 Pfund pro Kilometer. Alles Geld darüber hinaus kommt direkt den Projekten der Adivasi zugute.

Aber lesen Sie selbst:

Dear All

I hope that this email finds you all well.

I am writing to let you know about a cycling adventure, which we, ACCORD are organising in conjunction with MAD (Make A Difference) Initiatives.

MAD is an organisation that has been set up as a direct result of the DFTI course that both Mari and Stan have been running over the last few years.  A detailed outline of the cycle ride can be found on: www.maduk.org

The sponsored bike ride will cover 369 km over 12 days and runs from January 24th 2005 - 5th February 2005. Each participant is asked to raise a minimum sponsorship of £1500 of which every penny will go to ACCORD and the various projects that are visited along the route.  It is a fantastic opportunity for individuals who have a flair for adventure and also have an interest in International Development issues at a grass-root level.

During the cycle ride, participants will have the opportunity to visit the projects their sponsorship money is going to whilst taking in the sites of this fantastic part of South India.  Our challenge begins in Bangalore and finishes with a Tribal celebration in Gudalur. En-route we will be seeing various environmental projects, including a bird sanctuary and an organic farm; visiting a national park; taking in Hindu temples; meeting an inspirational Gandhian; spending time with the playful street kids of HD Kote; observing the meeting of a women's organisation and experiencing first hand the achievements of a tribal project.

It is an opportunity not to be missed and we want to ensure that all of our friends are aware of it, in case you want to rise to the challenge yourself or alternatively know of anyone else who might be interested in participating.

This is a great opportunity for your friends and family to get a taster of life in Southern India - with a cycle challenge thrown in!

If you are unable to participate in the cycle challenge but would like to make a contribution you can sponsor a Kilometre!  We have calculated that the costs will be £3.50 per kilometre for the entire group, the cyclists and the support team.  If we get the cost of every km covered it means that EVERY single penny that the cyclists contribute and any extra money we fundraise (you donate!) can go directly to ACCORD and the projects that we will visit.  Feel free to sponsor more than one kilometre or even a whole stage - we will send you a photo and description of what happened on your kilometre and we will update the website daily so you can follow our progress.

To secure a place on this challenge we ask you to send a non-refundable deposit cheque made payable to MAD Initiatives Ltd (Address: Imogen Stevens, 15 Sheridan Crescent, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5RZ, UK) for £250.  The deposit money pays for some of the costs incurred along the route, so that every penny fundraised by the participants goes directly to the charities in question.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information or alternatively please contact Catherine or Imogen on catherine at maduk.org or cycle at mad-initiatives.com

I hope you can forward this onto as many people as possible!

Many thanks, Durga

Adivasi-Tee-Projekt (ATP)
Petra Bursee
Kopernikusstraße 41, 14482 Potsdam