Wayland, GNOME Shell and arbtt

Tomasz Miąsko tomasz.miasko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 18:53:56 CET 2017

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 01:53:02PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> How about we add a tool to the arbtt suite that takes the
> JSON-representation of the one data log entry and appends it to the
> log. Basically the inverse of arbtt-dump, ...

Great idea! Application that consumes JSON input and appends it to the
log would be much better integration point.

In fact, it probably should be a stream of such entries to actually make
use of string references. The format could be exactly the same as one in
arbtt-dump -t JSON, including overall array. Presuming that requirement
of a streaming JSON parser is not particularly prohibitive.

--
Tomasz