Configure video conference app to be "always active"?

Claudius arbtt-dev at wolki.de
Fri Oct 27 00:09:55 CEST 2017

Am 26.10.2017 um 23:52 schrieb Allan Brighton:
> Is there an arbtt setting that I could use to configure an application
> that has the focus to be counted as active, even though there is no
> mouse movement or typing?
>
> For example, I would like to know how much time was spent in a video
> conference app.
>
> I think normally, it gets counted as inactive if there is no mouse or
> keyboard interaction.

I did not personally test it, but the rule that adds the inactive tag is
usually this from your categorize.cfg:

> $idle > 60 ==> tag inactive

You could try extending it (again, I did not test this myself as I don't
currently have a machine with arbtt on it within reach)

> current window $program /= "mediaplayer" && $idle > 60 ==> tag inactive

first part matches only if title is not "mediaplayer" (replace this with
whatever program name you'd like excluded).

Best wishes, good luck
Claudius