arbtt-0.5

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Mar 23 17:47:15 CET 2010

[Replying to the list]

Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 17:43 +0100 schrieb Janis Voigtländer:
> Joachim Breitner schrieb:
> > Am Dienstag, den 23.03.2010, 16:58 +0100 schrieb Janis Voigtländer:
> >> Hi, from a lone Windows user: any chance for an installer, like the one
> >> there was for an earlier version?
> >>
> >> Or what's the right thing to do? cabal install, and then copying the
> >> .exe (.exes?) into the existing program folder?
> >
> > there is one in the usual place:
> > http://www.joachim-breitner.de/archive/arbtt/arbtt-setup-0.5.exe
> > linked from http://www.joachim-breitner.de/projects#arbtt.
>
> Oh, I didn't know there was a usual place. :-)

It’s linked from hackage as the homepage of the project, but I admit
that is easy to overlook the links.

> Will it find and overwrite an earlier installation?

I will definitely overwrite it. I think that the installer (InnoSetup)
is smart enough to set the default installation directory to whatever
you set the the last time.

I’m not sure if it would properly remove files that are not shipped any
more. For now, this does not matter as we only ship more, not less
files :-)

Sorry, but the windows installer is somewhat treated stepmotherly, as I
don’t use windows myself. But I think that it should work...

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner